Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gasp! Disloyalty?! ... Maybe not!



(image from http://thegothiclolita.blogspot.com/2009/06/lolita-week-in-review-4.html)

Lately I've been spending every second of free time I've had reading various lolita blogs. Hearing other lolita's voice their opinions about certain things and give helpful tips and tricks for dressing and extending your love for the fashion beyond the clothes and applying it to lolita-esq hobbies or to making our room or even our whole world laced with a special layer of frills and our own personal touch of beautiful. It seems I may even be on lolita over load.

A lot of the topics I've read countless blog entries about getting simalar or completely different view points. I've known about lolita for a very long time and have ever since studied almost everything there is to know about it, because I was so hungry to know more and more. On a scale of Sweet to Gothic with Classic lolita being in the middle, I'd say I shoot off the scale in Sweet Lolita territory and even though it seems many lolitas are switching from sweet to classic lately and sweets becoming less well liked and practiced among much of the lolita community. I personally don't see my love of sweet ever dying out. Girly, pink, heavily decorated, and slightly childish things in fashion are what make my heart flutter. Though I'm just like any other person and I have interests that aren't all centered around one thing, I can't say most of my interets don't center around a common thing because they always seem too, but I do have the interests that seem to be the odd-balls among the rest of my interests.

Now were going to begin to get into the reason and point for this entry, my new found love for flat out fairy-kei. It brought out strange new feelings in me, one of them being disloyalty. Before I came across Fairy-kei, no fashion outside of sweet lolita really interested me much at all. I've been working up to being able to wear a lolita corridinate every single day and I've put a lot of research and effort into my love of the lolita fashion and suddenly having this itch to try something different, yet seeming to have so many simalarities to my favorite OTT sweet lolita coordinates I see, without the restriction.

That's one of the things about fairy-kei that feels so free and liberating I suppose. The cost seems greatly lower as well. When you are like me and love something so much as I do lolita, another fashion coming into your heart trying to tear you and your beloved lolita apart can be quite the scary thing. I was actually a bit terrified of how much I would like fairy-kei if I looked into it more or even tryed it. It did seem very simalar to my lolita and the things I loved about lolita just with that free of restrictions quality. Of course my new found love for fairy-kei didn't seem to change my love of lolita at all when I looked further into it, I learned my heart could love two fashions. I realised it may be like letting a new friend into your life that you fear may bridge a gap between you and your very best friend since childhood. I've always loved the modesty and morals, that for me tied in with lolita.

Ever since I found it I also appriciated the child-like innocence. Lolita seemed to give me confidence when nothing else would and brought the fairytale into my life that I despriately craved. I have learned you are by no means, less of a lolita, when you have a special place in yoru heart for a different fashion, when after all, fairies can be just as much a part of your fairytale as princesses. I don't think fairy-kei will mean as much to me as lolita has, but it will certainly hold it's own special place in my heart as I wear it as even a more casual style, on days I want a more casual look. For those of you that feel as I did in the beginning of this journal, disloyal to your beloved lolita, consider this, lolita is a style all about you and what you find beautiful and what makes you happy and the way you want to look.

Don't get swept up in all the internet drama and the "What if wearing this would make me look ita to someone else!" If you like it wear it and if your scared of what other people may think than remember the foundation of lolita or why you got into it in  the first place. It's about you and your personal beauty and if that means the occasional fairy-kei outfit, I say, YES! please go for it! Be yourself! Be so much yourself that everyone is left with an air of you even days after you leave there peresence. That's how I like to live.
 This post is a bit disorganized, but I had a sudden burst of inspiration and a break through pertaining to fairy-kei. Also, as a last minute observation. Fairy-kei seems a lot cooler on hot days of summer. So that's another time you may like wearing it. The main point of this blog was really not just about Lolita into fairy-kei, but Lolita into anything (Or maybe not even Lolita! Just anyone who has a fashion they feel strongly about.) Maybe your a Gothic lolita who feels the call and temptation of a full out gothic fashion or a classic lolita who is beginning to find mori grils or dolly style extremely charming.

 Follow your heart and don't be afraid to dive into different fashions or take your lolita on any out-of-the-box (I accidently typoed and wrote "out-of'the-bow" at first and it fit so well that I had to add that it had been a fun typo) I plan to experiment with Fairy-kei soon, though it has been a bit harder for me to find clear guidelines on than it was for me to find the do's and don't's of lolita, which I learned over and over again a long time ago. Maybe fairy-kei is just a freer fashion without such strict do's and don't's as lolita. Though the do's and don't's of lolita are just to help new lolita's make good outfits and once your a more experienced lolita I think you should begin to go outside of the box with your lolita and I plan to do a series on things in lolita that are out of the box and I love and people who push the envelope and I deeply admire. I'll post my attempt at fairy-kei as soon as I finish putting it together and than, will I tell you what I think from a wearing stand point. I'll also get more into fairy-kei itself on a different day in a different post!~

The most important thing I hope you learn here is, it doesn't make you any less of a lolita to stray a bit and be fond of other fashions!

Until than, That's it for now! so I'll sign off, bbfn! See you next time!


Challenge- Show me you wearing your dearest, non-lolita outfit or wearing a very out of the box and completely wonderful lolita coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment