Friday, December 24, 2010

Looking Sweet In The Winter Time!


OTT Sweet Lolita in Winter by SkittyBitty 


OTT Sweet Lolita in Winter
This was my first time playing around with Polyvore and it was a lot of fun! I may do a lot more using Polyvore, so expect that~! Though I wish they had more variety of some things, they have enough to show a coordinate idea. This particular coordinate was directed at the OTT Super sweet lolitas out there. I decided to give ideas for the lolitas experiencing cold and snow lately.

I thought I would do this one first, since I prefer to dress in this "sub sub" style. When creating your coordinate you, of course, wouldn't need to use these exact items. They just serve as a visual aid or an example. Let's start with the biggest piece, the dress. This one is a very cute dress from Angelic Pretty, but of course it isn't required to have a dress, though I suggest some kind of good blouse if you choose a JSK to keep your shoulders extra warm even if you leave on the cardigan all day. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to keep warm either. If your a lover of OTT sweet lolita you may have the perfect dress or JSK hanging in your closet. Just pick which ever one you like and coordinate around it. If your inside most of the day I suggest you keep the cardigan handy if you don't want to keep it on all day because you want to show off your dress, in case you catch a chill. I also suggest a bigger purse or bag than I have included. You may be like me and have a lot of things you like to keep in your purse and need a big one anyway, but in this case a big one would be useful in your quest for warmth because you would need to store your cardigan in it when you aren't wearing it. You could also keep a cute thermos of a warm drink to keep you toasty, you may way to keep it in a bag incase you over worry about it spilling in your cute purse as I do. Any cute and warm coat would work, really. As long as it's warm and you like how it looks with your outfit the coat would be just fine. If your going without something to cover your ears, such as earmuffs or even a bonnet, You may want to wear a pre-styled lolita wig. If your worried about your real hair getting messed up by the wind or frizzing in the cold, or anything like that, a lolita wig would also be good. I included a cute one in the polyvore coordinate. Wigs are not only cute and easy, but they aslo keep your head as warm as a hat. You want thick long socks or thick tights. For OTT sweet lolita I suggest something that sticks out with a very cute design. As for the shoes, I chose two styles that would be good in my opinion. The first is the Lolita Sandal Platforms will rise you out of the snow and keep it off your feet for the most part and they are very cute. The other choice are the natural choice, the Lolita Boots. Any lolita boots of good quality usually work and keep your feet warm and toasty. Last, but most important of all, the accessories. In OTT Sweet Lolita the accessories are key in the outfit. Match them to your outfit and if you can even find some that may help keep you warm some how than that's great! It's always a good idea to find a cute scarf to wear!

Remember these are just suggestions and you could find cheaper alternatives on sites like, Bodyline, if you can't afford some of this at the moment.

Everyone else needs to stay warm too of course! Most of my tips can be adjusted to your own personal lolita style. Here's a couple more cold weather coordinates I made as examples for other lolita substyles.

Classic Lolita




Similar tips could be applied to Classic. The bonnet is always a good choice in Classic, but in case you may want to take it off later in the day, I'd say keep a small brown bow headband in your purse to switch if you wanted to.


Gothic Lolita


I may not be as good at "Gothic Lolita" because it's very different from the OTT sweet that I'm used to. Thought it seems to be full of warmer and longer and blacker clothes than above so it'll be very warm usually and easier to keep warm in winter.


That's it for now! so I'll sign off, bbfn! See you next time!


Challenge- Show me your warmest winter coordinate!~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment