Monday, December 13, 2010

Hair, Hair, and More Hair (and a bow too!)






I love hair, it's my favorite thing to change and play with. I'm pro good lolita wigs to style and make pretty to the highest degree and keep your hair perfect all day! I would rather buy a wig than dye my hair if I wanted a different look. Though, as for this particular hair style, it's my real hair. I'm yet to invest in a good lolita wig, but I've been looking at them and researching them. I'd love to hear some of your input on wigs. Sites to order them from, reviews? I'd love to see! Anyway, I was bored last Saturday and wanted to try following a hair tutorial by the wonderful Shelby Cloud of youtube. Her hair is longer than mine, so her style looks a bit different in the video, but it's a very easy to follow tutorial and it requires little hair experience or hair materials. I kept the look simple and blocked out my face so everyone could focus on the hair style. I was very proud of how it turned out. It's a quick and easy style that I would do everyday if I got up a little earlier on a daily basis. The dress is from bodyline and so is the bow. I plan to save my feelings about brand versus bodyline/offbrand for another post. This is all about the hair. All I needed to do this hair style was a curling iron, hair, two think ponytail holders, and hair pins. If you try this hair style too please send me a link to your finished product. I'd love to see how cute you all look. You may have noticed I'm also not wearing a blouse. I was only dressed up simply to stay at home. I would have worn a blouse, but the one I had in mind is in the wash. Besides, it's been hot in my house since it started getting cold outside, we've cranked up the heat! Have you been experiencing the same change? So far I'm starting this blog with small entries, but I hope to really get into in depth topics once I get the ball rolling and gather some momentum! Blogging so far, has been a blast. 


Also, see the bow in my hair? I've had it for a while and I finally learned how to wear it! I can be a little slow. I thought the secret to getting it to stay up and look good was in the comb, but I realized once I put it on that it's all in the ribbon. If you having the same problem, than I'll walk you through it. When I was having trouble putting the bow on myself, I didn't find anything online that could help me with this little problem. The bow has a comb on the bottom and a ribbon on the sides of the comb. What you want to do is sit the bow comfortably on your head the way you want it, don't worry too much about the comb, that just makes it harder. Than, either tie the ribbon behind your hair or have someone do it for you. Tie it fairly tight and secure and it should stay on! 


That's it for now! so I'll sign off, bbfn! See you next time!


Challenge- Try the hairstyle tutorial if you can! I'd love to see how it turns out~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment